Skip to main content

"Girl Listen"

Now, for those of you that have fragile eyes that can't appreciate a woman for keeping in 100, I suggest you close out of this blog right now. On the other hand, for you steadfast women, that can take all of life's punches and still press on, this blog is for you.

"Girl Listen" is the phrase that my friends use when they are about to share some real deep stuff with me. My girls value my opinion because they know, Toni Lynn is going to give it to them RAW. I don't sugarcoat anything because I love my friends. I want them to know that. Whenever I give feedback to a given situation that I am presented with, I empathize before I rationalize the situation. I keep my girl's best interest at heart at all times and I refrain from giving them direct orders. Who the heck am I to tell my girl what she "Needs" to do. It is her life and she will ultimately make her own decisions.

Okay, to the important stuff. It perturbs me to talk to women that only want to share the good things that are taking place in their lives with other women. They want to brag about the nice car they drive, the nice rags they possess, the good job they have, the huge house they live in and so on and so on. Their goal is to paint this "Fantasy Life" to other women so that they can look and feel as though their life is just peachy. I'm sure that you know women like that. We all do. Now, "Girl Listen!" Underneath that BMW you drive, underneath those Gucci pumps you rock, underneath that $150,000 a year job you have and that gigantic house you and your husband live in....YOU STILL BLEED LIKE I BLEED! Stop pretending like your life is perfect girl! No one has the perfect life. No woman is better than another! We all experience the same hurts that come from the men in our lives, our children, and from other scandalous, miserable women that despise seeing us happy when we have a good thing going. "Girl Listen," don't only share those good things that you experience. Share the bad things too. You never know what the next woman may be going thru. Don't just sit back and listen to other women cry on your shoulders...you cry with them. Share your hurts. Help rebuild each other. We as women need support. It is a cruel world out here and we as women endure so much, but yet and still we have to remain strong for the sake of our children.

"Girl Listen," why is it that when I share my life experience with women and ask them not to breathe a word to anyone else, they go right back and Gossip about what I asked them not to discuss. Get your bibles and read what the good book says about Gossip. Gossip is not recognized as the Character of God. People vent and open up because their burdens may be too heavy to carry alone. And instead of you being there to Help, you end up making their burdens even heavier and harder to bear. "Girl Listen," Loyalty takes you a long way in life. When you are recognized as being a loyal person, your spirit becomes vitally attractive. Loyalty in these days and times goes a long way.

"Girl Listen," have an open ear. Don't judge anyone. Be real. Open up and stop painting this perfect picture. You don't have to hide anything. We are only human and we all experience hard times. The thing that truly matters though is your character development following those bad times. Every woman has had their heart broken, every woman has been lied too, every woman fixes herself up real good to sometimes hide the hurt and pain inside, every woman carries a load. "Girl Listen," I'm one of those women. Are you?

God's Grace & Mercy will set you Free!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your walk, Your stride

Every time I would hit the runway, I would receive compliments regarding "My Walk." The intent of my walk was to of course appeal to the designer of choice, but to also communicate to the audience that I was a strong, confident, never-failing woman. I could walk in anything, no matter how high the heel or the length of the dress. I had my own way of "Rockin It." There were several instances following a fashion show that members of the audience would come up and ask me where I learned to walk the runway. Each time, I would tell them that I practiced day in and day out in my mirror to perfect my walk to my satisfaction. I informed them that I watched one particular woman walk at a fashion show before that absolutely intrigued me. From that day forward, I conditioned my mind to want to walk better than she. Not because I felt she was my competition, but because she truly had the walk and stride of a "BEAST" on the runway. I'm only human. I'm just a

T-A-T

Yesterday, I sent a co-worker an email that expressed to him my sincere gratitude for helping me. He responded back by saying that he will always be there to help me because he considers me as family, and also because he knows that I genuinely appreciate the help. As I read his reply, my eyes began to water. This past week has indeed been one of those weeks. There was a ton of laughter shed this week along with a ton of tears. Everything that you encounter in life is a learning experience. Basically, a mere time to grow and improve your character. You cannot sit back and just allow the world to pass you by while your stuck behind attempting to play catch up. I have been blessed to experience many trials and tribulations in my life. Yes, I consider them "blessings" because if I had not experienced them, I would not be the woman that I am today, nor would I be writing this blog in the attempt to help you. Now, don't get me wrong, the trials were painful and they someti

Just Don't Let IT Get You Down

You can run, but you surely can't escape "Pain" when it captures you. Sometimes the pain that a person causes to your heart can be drastically life-changing. It will either do one of two things; drive you bananas or make you the strongest woman walking! One thing that you must not allow the pain to do is get you down. What person in this world is so important that you would allow them to steal your joy and cause you to forget about all of the greatness that God permitted to manifest in your life? No one on this planet is worth it. Your personal relationship with God is a bond that no human can break. However, they may be able to tamper with the bond by causing you pain, but they surely cannot break it. When you sit down and think about the hurt in your heart, think about how God made a way when you had little money, no place to stay, no food in the pantry, no clean clothes to wear, no one to talk too, and no car to drive. GOD looked out for you. Now, after taking